The reception hall of Munich-Riem Airport was called the Wappenhalle.
The coat of arms hall was planned by the architect Ernst Sagebiel and built in 1939. Due to the Second World War, however, the hall could not be used for civil use and was partially destroyed during the war. It was not until 1951, 12 years after construction, that the reception hall of the Riem airport could be fully used for the first time.
The coat of arms hall was placed under monument protection after the closure of Munich-Riem Airport in 1995 and is therefore one of the few Memories of Riem Airport.
On September 8, 2000, the decision was made in the competition to redesign and redesign the area around the coat of arms hall of the former Riem airport. The Munich-based Perret, Reichert, Pranschke, Maluche prevailed with their proposal and were awarded the contract for the implementation of the approximately 33,000 square meters of office space on the almost 16,500 square meter area. The new Wappenhalle was completed in 2003 and is now used as an event location and also has the additions to a business center.